Building & Contents Insurance


Standard lenders do not normally insure buy-to-let properties, so Building and Contents insurance must be sought by the landlord through a specialist lender that has the relevant experience in this kind of insurance.

Appropriate contents insurance should also be taken out if your property is let furnished or part-furnished.

Rooney & Co. can provide a competitive insurance policy which includes Public Liability and provides adequate cover of the standard requirements, which can protect landlords against damaged properties and forced entry.


Tenants should take out their own contents insurance for the duration of the tenancy agreement for personal belongings, as these will not be covered by any landlords’ contents insurance policy. Tenants are responsible for their personal items and will not be covered by the landlord under any circumstances.

We always recommend LetSure for tenants looking for a suitable Building and Contents insurance policy. LetSure is one of the most popular insurers on the market and is able to provide comprehensive cover for tenants who want to be protected against accidental damage to both the property and its contents.

Residential Property

It is standard policy that residential properties must be covered by building insurance. We are able to offer a competitive Building Contents Policy that is accepted by all lenders.

Our Building and Contents insurance provides protection for both damages to the property and its contents, including accidental damage and loss. This ensures that you are protected against any accidents, both in and out of your property, at all times.


Try our Buyer Finder:

Show me the buyers